Thursday, February 17, 2005

Break ups

Last year in April I broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years. Today, I was on the receiving end of a breakup that was much, much more painful. My housekeepers left me.

It was such a beautiful relationship in the beginning--I would leave a check for them on the dining room table, and I would come home and see that they had done such nice things with my clutter, and that my carpet was vacuumed, and my bathrooms had been cleaned.

Alas, today I got a "Dear Chris" letter. I find it hard to recall all that was said--I only know that it was something about "not having enough time to clean." Does that mean that I let my house get too dirty? Does that mean that my house is too big to clean for the money? Is it something I did?

Oh, it feels like I'll never have it so good again. Where will I ever find another house cleaner that I can afford?! What will I do?!

No comments: