Wednesday, January 05, 2005

My New Toy

Last year I started a new annual tradition, and this is the first year I was able to cash in on it. I decided that I would set all of my change aside as soon as I got home. So, over the course of the year I collected around $40 in change which I deposited a couple of days ago. Add to that a $50 Amex Gift Card I got for Xmas and I've got fundage for a fairly nice and frivolous present for myself.

Here's what I decided on.

http://media.zzounds.com/media/brand,zzounds/606cg_top-69877e7132baef2e67e3e72c2e5ff773.jpg

The people at www.zzounds.com were great too--they had the order processed and shipped within 2 hours. I sprung the $7 for 2-day shipping, so it should arrive by Friday. I've been trying to get back in to playing the guitar lately, so this should provide ample motive to play more. I'm especially looking forward to combining several effects. I had written something years ago that made use of Chorus, Reverb, Delay, and a Volume pedal. It'll be fun to try to ressurect that old tune.

If this goes well then I'll have to get a decent loopback recorder.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Horray for you.

My mom does the same thing, only for her, it amounts to almost $1000 in change yearly, which she uses as spending money on her trips.