Friday, November 05, 2004

Stone of Tears

I just finished Terry Goodkind's second book in the Sword of Truth series, "Stone of Tears." I didn't think it was as good as "Wizard's First Rule," but it was still a great fantasy novel. Goodkind is a much more serious author than many fantasy novelists. His books (so far) are filled with interesting ideas, heavy moral delimma's, and epic battle sequences. The main characters are extremely heroic, and their heroism is bound up in much more than simple physical or magical power--they use their brains. "Stone of Tears" started out a bit slower than "Wizard's First Rule," but it picked up the pace. Goodkind is building an immense, detailed, and itriguing world. I'll let you know how it goes as I read the next 7 books in the series.

Tonight I'm starting season 3 of "Alias." It's one of two shows that I refuse to watch on television, the other being "24." This is one of the few weekends when I don't have any homework or studying to do. I intend to finish "Moonraker," begin "Blood of the Fold," and get through as much of "Alias" as I can. This is my weekend to be regaled with brilliant storytelling. :)

No comments: