Monday, February 27, 2006

Kissin' Cousins

Always on the lookout for something else I've been lied to about, apparently "Kissin' Cousins" ain't so bad after all. I'm not saying I'm running to a family reunion or anything (blech!), but it's always interesting how far from the truth "conventional wisdom" can be.

Given the inaccuracy of "common sense" or "conventional wisdom," I'm frankly surprised that so many people rely on it. Of course, they also rely on "faith," so perhaps I shouldn't be so surprised. Ahh, now I see the common denominator: they are both a means of substituting someone else's thinking for your own; they are both a shortcut to rational thought.

Hmmm.

I think conventional wisdom can be right--but one still has to evaluate it rationally. 40 million frenchmen can be wrong.

1 comment:

~Muse said...

*waves at Dan*

I keep looking for more ponderings by the wise and all knowing SC Thinker and I'm constantly disappointed.

Post dammitt!!

=)