Thursday, June 30, 2005

A Major Victory

When I first got out on my own, and when I was still very young, I got myself into a great deal of credit card debt. I was working one dead-end job after another, and falling deeper and deeper into the chasm of debt. I decided that a change was in order.

I began studying programming in a bid to start a career. Very soon I found a @#$%-job working as a programmer, making very little money--but gaining experience. I joined a debt-management company at the same time to pull myself out of debt. In the last 5 years, my career has taken off, and I have been siphoning off huge sums of money each month to pay back my debt. I set for myself the goal that I would be out of debt and into my first home by the time I was 30.

I made my last payment to my debt on June 15th.

I closed on a house yesterday--exactly 1 month prior to my 30th birthday.

This is time of celebration and pride for me, as well as a time to plan my next major goals.

No comments: